In short, labiaplasty in Arizona is a one to two hour procedure designed to sculpt and contour the labia majora and/or labia minora. The procedure reshapes and/or reduces the size and shape of long and/or uneven labia that is often a result of childbirth, the aging process, gravity or even just the way some of us were born.
Following are some of the things you may not have known about labiaplasty in Arizona.
1. It’s not only about “keeping up appearances”. While labiaplasty specifically targets and improves the visual appearance of the external female genitalia, it provides physical relief for many women. Elongated labia can sometimes interfere with exercise and intercourse and cause embarrassment for some women when they wear certain clothing such as bathing suits, leggings, and jeans. These more form-fitted clothing items often call attention to any bulge in the vaginal area.
2. It can boost a woman’s self-confidence. Along with relieving irritation and pain associated with chafing in clothing, most women look and feel more youthful, which helps them regain the sexual and physical confidence they might have lost due to elongated labia.
3. The recovery is rather quick. Unlike many other surgical procedures, labiaplasty patients can assume regular activities, including returning to work, typically by 72 hours following the procedure. With that in mind, patients should avoid demanding physical activity, baths, hot tubs, and swimming and should remain on pelvic rest – which means no tampons or intercourse – for 6 weeks following labiaplasty in Scottsdale. Here’s one extra little recovery process perk – you can wear those comfy cotton “granny panties”!
4. The pain is not nearly as bad as you might think. When many women think of any sort of trauma or cutting to our lady parts they cringe, but it might surprise you to learn that the pain following labiaplasty is actually pretty minimal. In fact, there is limited pain the first 18-24 hours following the procedure and then mild-to-moderate discomfort and swelling for a few days. This can easily be controlled with ice packs and analgesics if need be.
5. Spin classes may be to blame for the new obsession with “designer vaginas,” a trend that has seen a sharp increase in requests for labiaplasty procedures. The increase has to do with women becoming more aware of their anatomy while sitting on stationary bicycles. Looking to plastic surgeons for comfort and aesthetic solutions, the plastic procedure has become especially popular among the SoulCycle crowd – fans, usually women, of the high-intensity spin class that promises “a powerful mind-body experience,” in addition to a workout.
Any woman considering labiaplasty in Scottsdale should only consult with a trained cosmetic gynecologist specialist. If you have been considering getting this procedure, we invite you to contact us today to schedule a consultation!
Pearl Collins is a freelance journalist and copywriter. Her work has been published in the International Business Times, The Guardian, and CNBC. She’s also written for startups such as Focal Point etc..